How Can You Possibly Learn Everything You Need On-Line?
Like you, at first we were concerned that an on-line course wouldn’t be “hands-on” enough to get the training across, but according to several studies, on-line or distance courses are actually as good or better than their “on campus” equivalents.
There are several reasons for this:
- You can work at your own pace. With schedules these days so taxing, an on-line course is ideal. You can work around your own schedule. If you have a job and/or a family to take care of, you can arrange your class work around those demands.
- The sessions are recorded on video. You can watch and rewatch the video clips as often as you want to remind/review information and you can rewind if something doesn’t quite make sense.
- You don’t have to travel! Studying on campus means traveling to the actual school. With an on-line course, you don’t need to commute. This is an amazing opportunity for people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to study.
- With on-line courses, we can use advanced technologies to deliver the training. Multi-media content (videos, MP3, Teleseminars) has proven to be very powerful. You can absorb much more information that way. If you don’t understand a point, simply hit rewind and watch it again. The exams are interactive, which they aren’t in a campus setting.
- Your courses (and instructor!) are available 24 hours a day! The only reason you could possibly miss a lesson is if you don’t go on-line!
- You actually get more individual attention. Because you have access to your instructor via email and other avenues, you have individual attention that you couldn’t possibly get from a campus setting. This rich interaction fosters deeper learning!
- Even educators of major institutions are moving toward more on-line classes!
- And you can learn in your pajamas!
Research conducted by the U.S. Department of Education found that students who took on-line courses actually OUTPERFORMED students who took the same course in a classroom with face-to-face instruction. What a revelation!
In addition, the study found that “learners in the online condition spent more time on task than students in the face-to-face condition.” We knew we were on the right path. Our on-line students agree.
On-Line Learning Is The Future
More and more education is being done on-line, and our on-line students agree, our virtual classroom courses have succeeded beyond even our best estimates.